February update

Just so you know this is Chris not Meegan so miss spellings and grammatical error are in your reading experience’s eminent future. I really wanted to thank everyone who has joined us on our journey. We have truly been blessed with the kindest and most loving friends and family God has truly been apart of bringing us together. Folks have gone above and beyond to host us in their homes, small group meetings, and churches so that we can proclaim God’s glory and desire to reach those who have never heard or have no access to Him through His Scripture. It is amazing to see the reactions, much like ours was first when we heard that these people groups still exist in the world we live in today.

Going along with our thankfulness we also have something to celebrate with you all! God, being faithful and equipping us for this task, has provided us with commitments for 32 % of our monthly budget for the training. So that leaves 68% for others to pray about their involvement in. Just a tid bit of information on fundraising: it is an absolute JOY to spend time in fellowship with other believers. Some other missionaries that have been guiding us along this process told us once that they love the fundraising aspect of missions. For me at that point the thought of having to speak in front of people and ask them to partner in the ministry that the Lord had led us to was without a doubt terrifying and foreign to everything I had ever known. For us when we needed or wanted for something we simply worked harder or longer hours to be compensated with funds. Well as you may have guessed, we can’t do that anymore, we have to rely on the Lord to provide us with the resources. Its all apart of His wonderful planning to make us fully reliant on Him and thus far its really been freeing to do the work by sharing and watching the Lord move in ways that we have never experienced before. Hebrew 13:20-21 comes to mind while writing this : “Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen”

On another note Meegan and I are finishing up the last semester of seminary school with Grace School of Theology. We graduate in May 2017 and are prayerfully waiting the day when we can look back on our 2 years and see how each of us has grown in our faith. The kiddos are doing well. They have been reading about Amy Carmichael and other famous missionaries. We both thoroughly enjoy involving the kids with God’s desire to be known to the whole world. Aydin understands quite a bit more than Calyn but I pray that will come with age and nurturing. Meegan is absolutely wonderful when it comes to teaching our kids. Her soft heart for our children to be raised up to follow the Lord in obedience above all other things truly shows through her time and efforts spent with them. The kids are also involved in Soccer this spring. Aydin decided that since there is a soccer field at the NTM Missionary Training Center he should concentrate his efforts toward that instead of baseball. He is under a great coach and Godly man who is also apart of our church.

Here are a few photos from our dates yesterday. We love taking the kids out separately so that I had a date with Calyn and Meegan had a date with Aydin.
img_6106 img_6108

img_6120 img_6118

img_6102 img_6096

If you are looking to pass some time or God has gifted you in being a prayer warrior we would ask that you would pray for:

  • Meegan and I to finish GSOT strong
  • Pray over the 68% left to fundraise, Praise Him for providing the 32%!
  • For Aydin and Calyn to continue to thrive and prepare for the home schooling schedule in Missouri
  • For our future team mates
  • For the people He is leading us to
  • For guidance on using our current house for His glory

3 thoughts on “February update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s